Thursday 30 May 2013

Day 24 Fitness Blog: Fish & Chips? NO... Chinese Takeaway? NO... Or Maybe Yes Or Maybe Not!!!

Day 24

Oh...I had a battle on my hands the other night.  Working late and tired when I got home, I thought "Oh, I've had no junk food for over 3 weeks surely one takeaway tonight won't hurt...I'm tired, I don't have the energy tonight to cook a meal"  Fish & Chips?  Chinese Takeaway, Chicken Chow Mein? Easy option, easy choice.   Do you know what?...I couldn't do it.  I thought if I'm only losing 1lb a week,  having one fast food meal could undo all my good work this week.  


Good Old British Fish & Chips  (or not? )




Chicken Chow Mein would have been fine if I had of cooked it my self,  but as a takeaway we have got no control over the fat content.


I ended up making this, quick & easy and low fat etc etc.

Chicken Salad 




Chicken salad...You can see on this photo that this salad has strawberries and blueberries.  I usually always add strawberries and grapes to my salads.  If you haven't tried adding fruit to your salad,  try it, it's tasty.

Thought for today.

In the absence of my hubby this week who is on a kayaking holiday, I have been taking messages for some of his phone calls.  Yesterday a very irate person phoned complaining the grass needed cutting in one of the village graveyards. It was only done 2 weeks ago but...she was very sharp & cold on the phone despite my repeating to her I could do nothing about it,  and could she phone back next week.


We all come up against abruptness at times, I think it's awful.  I felt a little sad after the phone call but then thought "no, I'm not going to allow that ladies unkindness to spoil one more minute of my day.  None of us know what another person is going through.  

Ephesians 4 verse 32
Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.




Bye for now
Viv




1 comment: