Monday 20 May 2013

Day 14 of a 90 day challenge. Weigh In Day - 6 lb last week & this week?

Day 14

Weigh in day today.  I lost 6lb last week which was a great start regardless of the circumstances that brought about that result.  This week I was expecting a couple of lbs loss.  So this morning I stood on the scales very gently because that makes you weigh less :)  Have you ever done that?  You get onto the scales and just walk onto them in a normal fashion, then you look down and read your weight.  Then you get off the scales and decide to go back on just to make sure it is the same displayed weight, but you gingerly tip toe onto the scales this time hoping for a few lbs less reading.  But that never works does it?  It always reads the same as the first time.  So my first and second reading today were exactly the same.  This week I lost the grand total of 1lb Oh my goodness I did expect 2lb but never mind.  In 2 weeks I've lost 1/2 a stone I think that is an excellent result, I'm happy with the way this challenge is progressing.  I'm going to try harder this week and hopefully lose 2lb.


More exercise is needed this week.  I thought this quote was funny.


In the middle of my day a friend & I had arranged to meet up for lunch, we decided to meet up at the local church Stockton Parish Church on the High Street and then go on from there.

The church is open every lunch time for anyone to go in and sit in the peaceful atmosphere and pray or just sit and enjoy the stillness while listening to beautiful gentle music. Sometimes there is live worship music sometimes not.  Today it was a CD.  So great that this church is open it is being such an important resource to the local community,  especially the working community in the area as folks on their lunch hour can just pop in for 10mins total stillness.

Here are a couple of the songs I heard while I was in there today.

To Be In Your Presence.




When I Survey The Wondrous Cross



Be Blessed
Viv

No comments:

Post a Comment