Friday 17 May 2013

Day 11 of a 90 day get fit challenge. Do you remember that TV advert when the little girl was saying "Daddy or chips, daddy or chips?" My version today was "Milky Way or an apple, Milky way or an apple?"

Day 11

Out and about at work today.  Took a packed lunch, making sensible choices.  It takes a little bit more thought and time but it will be worth it in the long run.  I'm in this for the long haul, no easy quick path, it is going to be a long path over many months.  So one day at a time I will make the correct choices to get me to my goal.  I know what my goal is and I am on my way there.

Went into a shop today with my friend, he chose a little choc bar which was a good choice for him.  I looked at the chocolate bars very briefly and came out of the shop after purchasing apples and bananas :)  One day at a time, I know I'm going to do it this time.

Day 11 my face is clearer my skin looks much more healthy, I can see definite positive changes already.  When you are only eating good wholesome food all the time the benefits are visable.  I am living on veg, fruit, fish, chicken, red meat but not alot, eggs, no more than 2 slices of wholemeal bread per day, a little cheese that is my great food love in life but I am being very careful and having very small amounts. So it's going well.  To you guys who are also doing this, keep it up, make good choices.  Small steps will achieve great results in time.

"Persevere to win the prize"



Last night I downloaded and read some of "The Same Love" enhanced ebook by Paul Baloche.  As a christian singer songwriter for me it is important to listen to what our most inspirational songwriters are saying and how God is leading their songwriting.  Whatever field of work we are in,  there is always further scope to learn from others.  We are never too old or too experienced to learn from others. My mam was always expanding her knowledge and learning new things.  She learned how to master using a computer before any of her children did.  Inspirational.

God's love is the same yesterday, today & forever.

The same love...Is calling us all be name
You are calling us all by name

The Same Love: Paul Baloche





Middlesbrough Guy and friend Gram Seed, have you heard his story? If not read on...Inspirational.







A FORMER criminal, alcoholic and self-proclaimed tramp has won a literary award for a book detailing his life story.
Gram Seed,  decided to write his life story, "One Step Beyond"  after a near-death experience led him to set up a Christian charity and to turn his back on a life of crime and drink.
Gram became a Christian on 9th November 1996 at 2.45pm and since then he has been ministering to people who are without love and hope.  He has also been searching for a base for the last 9 years, which he has now found. Gram & the team are preparing for their open day later this month.  It is so amazing what Jesus is doing for and through Sowing Seeds ministry.

Their open day is on 25th May from 10.00am-3.00pm at their new premises on Bishopton Lane Stockton. 

As already noted, Gram & the team's ministry premises is now in the centre of Stockton, I love visiting there for a few hours on a Friday.  Today a group of us were learning new worship songs and praising the Lord, superb time.
Gram's book is definitely worth reading, it's quite gritty, I found myself so wanting to get to the part of his story where his life became better,  and when it did, it was an utterly powerful turn of events in his life.  This gentle giant & his team are now a forceful presence of love at the heart of Stockton On Tees.

I will leave you with this wonderful song "Hosanna" sung so beautifully by Selah
God Bless
Viv :)

No comments:

Post a Comment