Wednesday 15 May 2013

Day 8 of 90 Day Fitness Challenge. The Smell Of Chicken Curry Was Hanging In The Air.

Day 8

Why are churches always so hospitable?

I had 2 appointments in the same church this morning.  During appointment number 1 the smell of curry cooking was hanging in the air,  and people were commenting on the lovely smells coming from the kitchen.

No 2 Appointment was in the same place over lunch. Were the said yummy curry was one of the options.  Plus an array of tempting cakes for pudding.  My friend had her eye on the lemon drizzle cake.

It took me 2 seconds to make my choices, tuna salad & a banana.  When you are trying to lose weight it is easy when you are at home to make the correct choices, but when you are out and about you're faced with other unhealthy choices.

I was talking to two ladies in that church,  the first lady had recently lost 3 stone. The other lady said her hubby had recently lost 2 & a half stone,  it seems like many people have this challenge in their lives.  The second lady also said that another friend of hers had got to her target weight but was determined to lose another 11lb, however,   this extra loss was causing her to look gaunt, not good.



Thank you to those who have mentioned to me that you are following this blog.  I've had the thumbs up for the cough medicine bottle :)

I was going to take a picture of my dinner tonight and upload it but I forgot,  so this is what my plate looked like after I had finished my dinner tonight. :)



A few of you have also mentioned how much you like the videos so here are a few more that are on my heart at the moment.


It is Pentecost Sunday this Sunday so Julie & I are thinking about song choices for that service, let me know if any spring to your mind that you think would fit for this service.

Paul Baloche has posted a picture/prayer on Twitter today "Open The Eyes Of My Heart Lord"  Beautiful song.  Here is an explaination from him about how that song was birthed.




I've been working on a much slower arrangement of this song lately.  I'd love to record it.
Much Shalom to you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment